Monday, November 3, 2008

I am being HAUNTED!

As the weather officially turns to cold, I am plagued by my shawl that remains in it's ziploc bag wondering when I shall return to it. It stares at me from the basket that it waits in...I feel bad, but I don't want to finish it! I like the pattern, I like the yarn...and have grand ideas about how I will dye it with a tye-dye look, but there it sits. I can always find an excuses to go back to a large project. I found some 47" circular needles in size 3, they are on the way from Knitpicks in the Harmony wood. I have to say again that I love the Harmony wood needles, and after using some bamboo needled that I bought a few years ago this weekend to knit a bag that needs to be felted, I don't care for wood needles, they tend to have dull points which makes the working clumsy. When I get them I will force myself to pick up the shawl, I have to keep my commitment, for no other reason than I WANT TO WEAR IT!

I made Zoe some fingerless gloves this weekend; purple, green and gold. The gloves match a hoodie that she go in Yellowstone this year. I had made a pair for her, and realized after the fact that I made them large instead of small! She is getting older...but I shouldn't be in that big of a hurry!

I knitted a felt lunch bag that I need to throw into the washer to felt when I get home. It is yellow green and red, I am excited to see the colors once they are felted together. I also knitted up an i-cord to use at a handle after the bag is felted.

1 comment:

fallen_angel said...

Atta girl Cyd!! Look at you all blogging and everything. I don't understand how you can knit a scarf for buckleton in under 5 minutes, but can't seem to do one for yourself... :-)