Friday, October 17, 2008

Meet Buckleton

I have been busy knitting away...no, my shawl has not progressed much, I ran into a snag, my circular needle wasn't long enough. I need to buy a 48" size 3 needle before I can proceed. I have to finish that shawl!

I recently bought new double pointed needles sock knitting set from Knitpicks.com. I went out on a limb and upgraded to the Harmony wood. I was initially worried that I would not like them and I would break them as I have in the past. I used them on a few projects now, and I love them. They are slick, but not too slick. The tips are sharpened to a fine point that could compare to any metal needle. There is one BIG bonus to the Harmony wood...they don't clickity clack like their metal brothers...My husband does not like to sit next to a mini train chugging along all evening. Here are a few of the projects that I have made with my new needles:

My amazing fingerless gloves. I used my Size 3 double points with the beautiful Blue Moon Fiber. I love the feel of that yarn after it is washed...absolutely heavenly...
Meet Buckleton...he is my desk monkey. One afternoon I made him this hat and scarf with some remaining Blue Moon yarn. You would not believe the response to a monkey in a hat. I have had suggestions to make him a tail muff, and fingerless gloves and socks. I will admit that I have a sweater in the works for good ol' Buckleton.





No comments: