On this, my first entry, I should introduce myself. My name is
Cyd. I work as a receptionist, that is just my day job, on my off time I am devoted to knitting. It is my passion. Nothing beats taking a pile of yarn and turning it into gloves or a hat.
.jpg)
I am so excited to start writing in my blog, so I am going to jump off with my knitting project...I have a knitting issue, I am a
commitment phobic. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to knit myself a sweater, or something large and then poop out when I don't feel I am making progress. I have in the pass said that I will never knit anything that big, I was resigned to small projects like my fingerless gloves that I created, or felted bags. But this weekend I made a leap...Gulp...My Mom show
ed me a Danish Shawl pattern from Spin Off Magazine that she wanted me to figure out so that she could knit it. It was simple enough, and I pulled
.JPG)
out my stash of yarn from under my bed and found that I had enough undyed yarn that I could knit up and dye after it was all knitted. I have a vision that after I am done I would have a wrap around shawl that I could wear to work... So with my size 3 circular needles I started the pattern, the pattern calls for Size 6 needle, but I like the fine stitch of the 3's and the yarn I have is a lightweight. The pattern is simple, increasing on the right side rows using Yarn overs, and straight knit on the wrong side. The shawl started to appear right away so it has been rewarding to see the triangle form. I guess we will see as I knit...it might turn out to be a shawl for my daughter Zoe...
1 comment:
I think you need a second blog entry with pics of your work...and I think that buckleton needs to make his appearance too
Post a Comment